(the google presentation below did not capture all of the formatting and pictures from MS PP)
Order of Events from the beginning of the Tribulation to the beginning of the Millenium and beyond.
- Jesus takes his bride (Rapture/Trumpets)
- Yom Kippur (last chance to repent before judgment)
- We come back with him (on horses) clothed in light (Rev 19:8)
- He (with us) comes from Teman with light flashing from his hands (Habakkuk 3:4)
- Jesus destroys the Antichrist (2 Thess, Isaiah 11:4)
- The nations are judged (Matthew 25, Joel 3:2)
- is cast into the pit
- New Heavens New Earth
- Holy City Descends (?)
- Jewish people have access to the fountain of living water
- The nations must come up for the Feast of Tabernacles
- Order of Events (cont)
- Fountain of Living Water
- The Tree of Life and its leaves are available for healing
- People have up to 100 years before they die – the must go up to Jerusalem (Isaiah 65:20)
- Satan is released for short time
- Fire descends and destroys them
- Final judgment
- All sin and death destroyed
- Life continues without end
- dwells with his creation forever and ever (heaven and earth are together)
The Biblical Feasts
- No one knows the day or the hour
- Happens on the feast of the new moon
- Two witnesses had to confirm that they saw it and then ran into the Sanhedrin.
- They were cross examined and if authenticated, then the new moon was confirmed.
- Thus people always knew approximately when the festival would start but never knew the exact day or hour
- “Watch, therefore; for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.”(Matthew 24:42).“Therefore, let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober-minded.”I Thessalonians 5:6“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior, “ (II Timothy 2:13).
- “So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation”” (Hebrews 9:28).“Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens, being on fire, shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless, we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, in which dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless” (II Peter 3:11-14).
- The people of Israel were to humble (afflict) their souls (Leviticus 23:27). “If there is any person who will not humble himself on this same day, he shall be cut off from his people” (Leviticus 23:29).
- According to Jewish custom, three books are opened on the Feast of Trumpets: the Book of Life for the righteous, the Book of Life for the unrighteous, and the Book of Life those in-between. If a man is deemed righteous, his name is written in the Book of Life for the righteous at the Feast of Trumpets. If a man is unrighteous, his name is written in the Book of Life for the unrighteous, and he will not survive the year. If a man is deemed in-between, judgment is delayed for ten days from the Feast of Trumpets to the Feast of the Day of Atonement. It is during that period of time that a man is given opportunity to repent before the book is closed and his destiny sealed. Thus, at the Feast of Trumpets, the Church will be raptured and the Lord’s wrath will begin on the earth. It will occupy a relatively brief period of time.
The Season of Jacob’s Trouble
(Affliction of the Jewish Soul- Yom Kippur)
- Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it. (Jer 30:7)
- Days of Awe Between Trumpets and Yom HaKippur
- “The moon will not shed its light.” Isa 13:10
- “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.” Joel 2:31
- “And There Will Be Signs In The Moon” (Luke 21:25)
- “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come.” Act 2:20
- “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.” Rev 6:12
Blood Red Moon
- Hebrew Calendar
- 3 Tetrads Fall on Biblical Feasts
- Three sets of blood-red moons that corresponded to significant events:
- The Spanish Inquisition final year 1492 when the Alhambra Decree ordered all remaining Jews who would not convert to Christianity to leave Spain, the 1948 War of Independence and the 1967 Six-Day War had back-to-back, blood-red moons occur on the first day of Passover and Sukkoth the following two years or beginning the same year of the 1967 Six-Day War for two years.
His Glorius Return in Power
- God comes from Teman, And the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah. His splendor covers the heavens, And the earth is full of His praise. [His] radiance is like the sunlight; He has rays [flashing] from His hand, And there is the hiding of His power. […] He stood and surveyed the earth; He looked and startled the nations. Yes, the perpetual mountains were shattered, The ancient hills collapsed. His ways are everlasting. […] Did the LORD rage against the rivers, Or [was] Your anger against the rivers, Or [was] Your wrath against the sea, That You rode on Your horses, On Your chariots of salvation? Sun [and] moon stood in their places; They went away at the light of Your arrows, At the radiance of Your gleaming spear. (Habakkuk 3:3-8,11)
- We Will Come With Him
- And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white [and] clean, were following Him on white horses. From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. (Rev 19:13,14)
Judgment in the Valley of Jehoshaphat Joel 3, Matthew 25
- I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, (Joel 3:2)
- “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (Matthew 25)
God’s Desire of the Ages: Dwelling with Man
- Rev 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” ESV
- Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” (Rev 7:15-17)
- Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary in their midst forevermore. My tabernacle [משכן, ‘Mishkan‘] also shall be with them; indeed I will be their God, and they shall be My people. The nations also will know that I, the LORD, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore. (Ezek 37:26-28)
- But…there was a divorce years ago
The Divorce in the Garden
- Gen 3:24 “He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.” (ESV)
- Yeshua Tabernacled/Dwelt
- “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)The Greek word εσκηνωσεν comes from the word σκηνόω–
- 1. to fix one’s tabernacle, have one’s tabernacle, abide (or live) in a tabernacle (or tent), tabernacle 2. to dwell
- Shachan שׁכן to settle down, abide, dwell, tabernacle, reside
- …He will dwell in Jerusalem (Zec 8:3). …There is another verb in Hebrew that also means “to inhabit, dwell” and it is yashab. What is the difference between the two? For God’s dwelling (yashab) is Jerusalem and Zion (cf. Psa 135:21; Psa 9:11. shachan, on the other hand, underscores the idea not of loftiness but of nearness and closeness. (TWOT)
The: The First fruits of God Tabernacling Among Us
- Seeing in his spirit of prophecy that the time would come when the משכן, ‘Mishkan‘ (the Sanctuary) would cease to exist and the Shechinah dwell no more in Israel’s midst, Moses was anxious to know by what means the sins of his people would then be expiated. The Almighty vouchsafed the information that He would choose a righteous man from their midst, and make him a משכן (pledge) for them, and through him their sins would be forgiven.–Exod. Rabba 35.
- The perpetual light in the Mishkan was typical of the light of King Messiah.–Levit. Rabba 31.
Yeshua – the Door to the Tabernacle
- We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man. For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. […] who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” (Hebrews 8:1-5)
- But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. (Hebrews 9:11)
Conditions in the Millennium: Isaiah 4
- In that day the branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and honor of the survivors of Israel. And he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy, everyone who has been recorded for life in Jerusalem, when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning. Then the Lord will create over the whole site of Mount Zion and over her assemblies a cloud by day, and smoke and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory there will be a canopy. There will be a booth (Sukkah) for shade by day from the heat, and for a refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain.
The King of the Millennium: Isaiah 11
- There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. […] And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins. […] In that day the root of Jesse, who shall stand as a signal for the peoples-of him shall the nations inquire, and his resting place shall be glorious. In that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that remains of his people, (Isaiah 11)
The Animals Restored
- “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:6-9)
Partakers of the Divine Nature
- “As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness [t’munatkha תְּמוּנָתֶֽךָ],” (Psalm 17:15 ESV).
- by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. (2 Peter 1:4 ESV)
- The sun shall be no more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you light; but the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun shall no more go down, nor your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of mourning shall be ended,” (Isaiah 60:19-20 ESV).
Paul affords us this insight into what we shall become:
- “and to put on the new man who has been created in God’s image – in righteousness and holiness that comes from truth,” (Ephesians 4:24 NET).
- Our new man has been created in God’s image – imagine that! We, as new creations are in the image of the one who made us!
- and have been clothed with the new man that is being renewed in knowledge according to the image [eicon εικον] of the one who created it, (Colossians 3:10 NET).
- He is the image [eicon εικον (icon)] of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation, (Colossians 1:15 NET).
- who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. (Philippians 3:21)
- Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
Our Bodies Restored to Light
- “and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light [phos φως].” (Matt 17:2)
- Jesus clothes were not only white, but they were literally white as light which is the Greek word φως phos from which we get the word photo or photon. In other words, the light of Jesus, who is the source of that light, emanated through his clothing.
- it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright [λαμπρον] and pure”- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.” (Revelation 19:8 ESV)
- We see from this verse that the clothes will be bright or luminous. The Greek word λαμπρον lampron signifies bright or shining. The Liddel, Scott and Jones Classical Greek Lexicon defines it as “bright, radiant, of the sun and stars”. Thus, when we occupy our heavenly or celestial bodies we will also be clothed in garments of light.
Clothed in Light
- Then the righteous will shine forth [eklampo ἐκλάμπω] as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Matthew 13:43)
- Those who are wise shall shine [LXX: eklampo ἐκλάμπω] Like the brightness [LXX: lamprotes λαμπρότης] of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. (Daniel 12:3)
Clothed in Light
- “Thus let all Your enemies perish, O LORD! But let those who love Him be like the sun When it comes out in full strength.” So the land had rest for forty years. (Judges 5:31)
- “But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day,” (Proverbs 4:18).
The Fountain of Living Waters
- “In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness. (Zechariah 13:1)
- And in that day it shall be that living waters shall flow from Jerusalem, Half of them toward the eastern sea And half of them toward the western sea; In both summer and winter it shall occur[…] (Zechariah 14:8, 10)
- And it will come to pass in that day that the mountains shall drip with new wine, The hills shall flow with milk, And all the brooks of Judah shall be flooded with water; A fountain shall flow from the house of the LORD And water the Valley of Acacias. (Joel 3:18)
- Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was flowing down from below the south end of the threshold of the temple, south of the altar And he said to me, “Son of man, have you seen this?” Then he led me back to the bank of the river. As I went back, I saw on the bank of the river very many trees on the one side and on the other. And he said to me, “[…] For this water goes there, that the waters of the sea may become fresh; so everything will live where the river goes. And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.” (Ezek 47)
- And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. (Revelation 22:1-3)
Jesus Is The Fountain
- but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.“John 4:14
- “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns–broken cisterns that can hold no water. Jeremiah 2:13
- They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. Psalms 36:8
- For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. Psalms 36:9
- There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. Psalms 46:4
Obligated to Keep the Feast
- Then everyone who survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Booths. And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain on them. And if the family of Egypt does not go up and present themselves, then on them there shall be no rain; there shall be the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the Feast of Booths. (Zechariah 14)
Sin Seems to Still Be Possible Outside the City of Jerusalem
- Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. Butoutside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15)
- And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. (Revelation 22:17)
- Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. (Psalm 24:3-4)
What If They Don’t Come?
- “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth… I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness. I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress. No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed […] (Isaiah 65)
Summary of the Millennium
- Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. […] The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years (Rev 20)
- And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Rev 20)
- Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Rev 20)